Submission / Abstract Guidelines
- Length: Minimum 500, maximum 750 words (references included)
- Keywords: Minimum 3 keywords describing the study
- Language of the proposal: Turkish or English
- Writing style: Times New Roman size 10, and justified on both sides
- Margins: Use margins of 2,5 cm on all four sides.
- Follow APA6 or APA7 Manual for citations and referencing.
- Problem statement and clear research question(s).
- Theoretical framework
- Method (design of the study, sampling, data collection procedures, data analysis)
- Findings (or expected findings for in-progress proposals) and conclusions
- Problem statement
- Purpose of the proposal
- Theoretical background of the conceptual discussions
- Implications for theory, research and practice
- Concluding remarks
Review Criteria: Format, style and guidelines Originality: The meaningfulness of the problem, the significance of the study. Contribution to Education: Scientific and educational significance, theoretical and practical framework (studies are expected to be empirically grounded), contribution to the field. Analysis and Discussion: The significance of the results, their relevance to the findings, discussions and suggestions raised in relation to practice, policy and new insights, generalizability and value. Responsiveness to Interaction: Openness to interaction with the audience, ability to produce and develop multiplicity of perspectives. Review Process Proposals go through a two-level review process. In the first stage the proposals will be evaluated according to their format and style. In the second stage, the proposals will be subjected to an blind review by at least two experts in the field. In cases where one review is positive and the other is negative, a third reviewer will review the proposal before the final decision.
Symposium Submission – Application Form
Symposium includes a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 papers per session plus a Discussant. The proposal needs to be handed in as one submission with a description of the symposium (up to 600 words) and abstracts for all papers linked to it (up to 400 word abstract per paper). The proposal should NOT be sent via conference submission website but should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line indicating the Symposium submission. For the papers in the symposium and for the symposium descriptor references of up to 200 words each should be given. You will also be asked to state 3 keywords and list presenting authors and co-authors with email addresses and affiliations. Discussant, who can offer a critique of the symposium need to be named on the proposal. The proposer is responsible for communicating with all contributors. Click here for the Application For